Did you know that the majority of Americans log onto Facebook at least once per month? According to the most recent data from TechJury, Facebook has approximately 221 million active monthly users in the United States alone. There is no question that Facebook remains one of the leaders in social media. It can be a highly effective advertising platform for lawyers.
At SunRize Marketing, we are proud to be leaders in digital marketing for law firms. We help law firms connect with more qualified leads. In this article, you will find a comprehensive guide to Facebook ads for law firms, including the benefits of using Facebook ads and the strategies for developing an effective Facebook advertising campaign.
Should Law Firms Advertise on Facebook?
As a starting point, you may be wondering: Should my law firm advertise on Facebook? The short answer is that Facebook advertising is definitely an option that should be considered. A law firm’s marketing and advertising campaign should always be customized to meet its unique needs. An experienced digital marketing professional for lawyers can help your law firm put together a comprehensive, cost-effective strategy that delivers results. For many law firms, Facebook advertising is a key part of their strategy. Do not underestimate the value of Facebook advertising.
Benefits of Using Facebook Ads for Law Firms
Are you considering using a Facebook advertising campaign for your law firm? There are a number of advantages associated with Facebook ads for professional services, including legal services. Some of the key benefits of using Facebook ads for your law firm include:
- Increased Brand Awareness: Facebook brand advertising can be a great way to increase brand awareness for law firms. While a law firm is not traditionally thought of as a brand, the reality is that every law firm offers its own unique value proposition.
- Boost in Website Traffic: Most law firms use Facebook advertising to drive leads to their website. Facebook advertising can be an effective way to boost your law firm’s website traffic. Most importantly, well-tailored ads can get local web traffic from potential clients.
- Stay Engaged with Potential Clients: Facebook advertising can also be a good tool for lawyers and law firms to stay engaged with potential clients more broadly.
- Facebook Ads are Highly Targeted: Facebook ads are highly targeted to the individual user. The ads you are seeing when you log on are unique to your profile. The targeted advertising algorithm used by Facebook allows lawyers and law firms to get their ads before people who are actually interested in legal services.
- Cost Effective: Digital marketing for lawyers and law firms is all about getting a return on investment. Facebook advertising can be cost-effective. Notably, a Facebook advertising campaign can be built around any budget.
- Large Audience Reach: Audience is everything in legal advertising. With 70% of American adults using Facebook at least once per month, Facebook offers a large potential audience reach.
How to Use Facebook Ads to Generate Leads
While Facebook ads can be highly effective for law firms, that does not mean that digital advertising for lawyers is simple. You cannot slap an ill-designed ad on Facebook and expect high-quality results. It is imperative that your law firm knows how to effectively develop a strategy to get the most out of your Facebook advertising spend. Here is a four-step guide to using Facebook ads to generate leads for your law firm:
- Have a Clearly Defined Goal for Your FB Ad Campaign: One of the biggest mistakes that law firms (and other professional services businesses) make when advertising on Facebook is the failure to define a goal. What do you want to get out of your Facebook advertising campaign? How will you know if it has been a success in six months? A clear, reasonable, and well-considered goal can make or break your law firm’s Facebook ad campaigns.
- Plan and Implement a Conversion Funnel: As explained by the UAB Collat School of Business, a “conversion funnel” is an e-commerce term used to visualize the “consumer’s journey from first contact to final transaction.” A Facebook ad is generally at the beginning/top of the funnel. At the end of the funnel is a client signing a representation agreement. In between, there are often several steps—usually including the potential client contacting a law firm to schedule an initial consultation. Well-designed Facebook ads are created with a conversion funnel in mind. When someone clicks a Facebook ad for a law firm, it means they are interested in hiring a lawyer. The funnel should make it as easy as possible for them to contact you and your law firm.
- Carefully Define Your Target Audience: Facebook advertising is all about targeting. It is imperative that law firms carefully define their target audience when developing and implementing a Facebook advertising campaign. Make sure that your ads are going before an audience that is actually interested in legal services.
- Be Sure to Use A/B Testing: A/B testing (split testing) is a common digital advertising strategy. You can design an A/B test to run two different versions of the same ad. You will be able to get real data on the results and then you can concentrate your resources on the more effective ads. Facebook Ads Manager makes it easy for law firms to run an A/B test.
SunRize Marketing is a Leader in Digital Marketing for Law Firms
At SunRize Marketing, we are proud to be your one-stop shop for law firm digital marketing. Our team is exclusively focused on delivering top-quality digital marketing services for law firms large and small. If you have any questions about Facebook ads for law firms, please do not hesitate to call us now or contact us online. We look forward to working with you.